Saturday 9 July 2011

Champion of Blood and Iron

Finished painting up the Champion last night, just gotta make the base. Not sure what to do with that yet, but will definitely post pics when I do.

Overall I like the paint job, bit patchy here and there, not gonna win any awards but is certainly tabletop quality, and has been a good one to ease me back into the habit of things.




I don't know if you can tell (I can tell but I don't know if it's just because I know... Y'know?) But I took the effort to drill out the muzzle holes on the barrel (and the barrel itself but I couldn't get a good shot of that with my phone), anyway... I think it turned out well and would encourage others to give it a shot, All you need is a pin drill and a steady hand for a quick but effective addition to your bolters :)



Thought I'd try a bit of bone white for the powerfist (just for a change), I think it works well, at the very least it gives a bit of variety to the character, and allows for the addition of some more "fluff", maybe he was an Apothecary before the days of the great uprising? 



... and here he is, in all his spiky glory :)


No comments:

Post a Comment