Sunday 7 August 2011

Back to the Drawing Board

So I painted up the stripes on the ol' dozer blade, and to in all fairness, it looked pants.

There was little to no contrast between the stripes and the star, the whole thing was far too busy and just didn't work at all... but hey ho... you win some you loose some.

As a result I've repainted the whole blade in nice new coat of weathered bronze and I'm quite happy with the results.







I think it looks much better, and as I didn't take any pictures of the yellow and black atrocity (I painted straight after it) you'll have to take my word for it.

Before I added the extra layer of bronze over the verdigris it looked even better (IMHO), like an actual piece of copper that had been left outside...





...and had it been a bit of scenery and not the business end of a Land Raider I'd have probably left it as was. But as part of the model as a whole it had to be painted up more than it was, but I did leave some heavy verdigris on the underside to remind me of my best ever paint job the world will never see lol.



Other than that, I've done a little weathering to the stripes atop of the 'Raider...




... which still needs a little tiding up (but that's why it's called a WIP yeah?).

And I've been working on some custom track guards for a bit of chaotic extra armour (I'm a fan of "what you see is what you get" when it comes to my models), pics of those to come soon, but with the spawn due at the end of the week I could be away from my paints for a while so I'll try and squeeze in as much as I can between now and then.

C&C always welcome.

Take it easy, 

- Dave :)

No comments:

Post a Comment